Hi, there! I’m Ashley, a bookworm from Sydney, Australia. I’m known to be able to talk about a novel for over half an hour without taking a proper breath, eat pieces of cheesecake as big as my face in one sitting, and rely on sarcasm far more than I should.
I also know I would make a terrible fantasy heroine due to my small bladder and inability to skip a meal without acting like it’s the end of the world (Hobbits are my people).
- I’m a sucker for stories involving magic and training academies.
- I can’t resist badass female characters with woeful backstories and lightning wits OR cocky, too-hot-for-their-own-good boys who share my love of sarcasm but possess deeply buried hearts of gold.
- I’ve only ever cried reading 4 books in my life (I’m secretly a robot, don’t tell anyone)
- My favourite genres are fantasy and romance but I have been known to enjoy thrillers, sci-fi horror, and contemporary fiction from time to time, too!
- I’m a massive mood reader so don’t be surprised to find me binge reading 5 romances in a row before suddenly saying: now, someone get me a nice, juicy murder! (story, that is).
- Some of my favourite books/series are The Poppy War Saga, Skyward Series, Red Rising Saga, Conversations with Friends, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, Red White & Royal Blue, and Vampire Academy.
- TV – A few of my favourite things to watch are Outlander, Poldark, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Friends, Gilmore Girls, & Lucifer.
- Movies – I love movies and I’ll pretty much watch anything except really dumb comedies and horror films. I’m actually the biggest wuss you’ll ever meet. I once had to watch an episode of Doctor Who through my fingers.
- I love cake. Baking it, but mostly eating it. Especially if it involves the words ‘cream cheese icing’, ‘lemon’ or ‘red velvet’.
- My family & I have two cats – they’re British shorthairs and their names are Archie & Lexie. They’re adorable when they’re not running around and destroying curtains.
- I love writing and one day I’d love to actually finish a novel. Plot holes and discipline are my nemeses though.
Feel free to drop me a message via e-mail or add me on Goodreads & Instagram if you’d ever love to chat about amazing books. Fair warning though, once I start it’s extremely hard to get me to stop! Just ask my friends.
6 thoughts on “About Me”
Comments are closed.