Hi, there! I’m Ashley, and it’s lovely to meet you. I’m a bookworm, bookstagrammer, and blogger from Sydney, Australia. I’m known to be able to talk about a novel for over half an hour without taking a proper breath, eat pieces of cheesecake as big as my face in one sitting, and rely on sarcasm far more than I should.
I also know I would make a terrible fantasy heroine due to my small bladder and inability to skip a meal without acting like its the end of the world (Hobbits are my kind of people).
- I’m a sucker for stories involving magic and training academies.
- I can’t resist badass female characters with woeful backstories and lightning wits OR cocky, too hot for their own good, boy characters who share my love of sarcasm but possess deeply buried hearts of gold.
- I’ve only ever cried reading 3 books in my life (I’m secretly a robot, don’t tell anyone)
- Some of my favourite authors are J.K. Rowling, Jay Kristoff, V.E. Schwab, Richelle Mead, Sophie Kinsella, & Pierce Brown.
- Some of my favourite books are Nevernight, The Time Traveler’s Wife, A Darker Shade of Magic, Six of Crows, Eragon, Outlander, and A Court of Mist & Fury
- TV – A few of my favourite things to watch are Outlander, Poldark, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Friends, Gilmore Girls, & Game of Thrones
- Movies – I love movies and I’ll pretty much watch anything except really dumb comedies and horror films. I’m actually the biggest wuss you’ll ever meet. I once had to watch an episode of Doctor Who through my fingers. Overactive imaginations are the worst!
- I love cake. Baking it, but mostly eating it. Especially if it involves the words ‘cream cheese icing’, ‘lemon’ or ‘red velvet’.
- My family & I have two cats – they’re British shorthairs and their names are Archie & Lexie. They’re adorable when they’re not running around and destroying curtains.
- I love writing and one day I’d love to actually finish a novel. Plot holes and discipline are my nemeses though.
Feel free to drop me a message via e-mail or add me on Goodreads & Instagram if you’d ever love to chat about amazing books. Fair warning though, once I start it’s extremely hard to get me to stop! Just ask my friends.